The Islandora Batch Uploader (IBU) is a desktop application (macOS, Windows, Linux) designed to make it easy to upload and describe content for Islandora. IBU automatically suggests tags to describe your images by using Clarifai. You can use it with the Islandora Virtual Machine (VM) or any other instance of Islandora 7.x.
open video in new window (27 minutes; June 2020)
Please contact David Bass if you have questions about IBU.
- If you can't login:
- make sure you are using the VPN (if you are using wifi or are off-campus
- make sure you entered your username (not your email address, or email@example.com)
- try closing IBU and open it again
- If you can't run the app after installing it:
- For macOS users: try right-clicking the icon and "Open" it - then you should be able to run it.
- For Windows users: if you encounter a "Windows protected your PC" popup, click "More Info" and then "Run Anyway" to install/run IBU.
- Need help? Email David Bass using his firstName.lastName@wwu.edu
Please see the Documentation > Versions
- Setup / Configuration:
- Welcome screen:
- Select Owner / Virtual Target Collection / Access control:
- Batch Description screen:
- Group similar images feature:
- Detail Mode:
- Select thumbnail for video
- Building recognition:
- Facial recognition (optional) & Duplicate Detection:
- GPS coordinates from EXIF metadata (JPG and TIFF):