Front caption: "Baptist Sunday School Picnic at Orcas Island. June 4, 1888. -- by Steamer Skagit Chief." Passengers line upper and lower decks of ferry next to damaged dock. The "Skagit Chief" did service on Puget Sound from the mid 1880s and after frequent groundings and crashes (1890, 1900, 1901), she was rebuilt and renamed the "Port Orchard." In 1907, she was again rebuilt and renamed "Tourist", used in the transport of Bremerton Shipyard workers. In 1938, her steam engines were removed and her hull was abandoned in Lake Union.