This ferry began life as a rebuilt "Kitsap II" in 1926. She did two roundtrips daily from Sidney, B.C., to Bellingham, via Orcas Island. In 1929, she was rebuilt, renamed "Quilcene" and placed on the Seattle to Port Townsend run. When the Edmonds ferry terminal was completed, she began to run between Edmonds and Port Townsend. She was drydocked in 1938, purchased by the Navy in 1942 for use as barracks, sold as surplus after WWII, then used as a floating machine shop in 1947.