Back caption: "Built by Baldwin Loco. Wks in 1870 as 'Black Diamond' for Black Diamond Coal Co., Calif. and shipped to BB&BC in 1889. Rebuilt from 0-6-0 type to 2-6-4 type. Photo taken by Dobbs & Fleming about 1892 after rebuilding at BB&BC shops, New Whatcom. Was later rebuilt back to 0-6-0. Baldwin Loco. Wks located at Philadelphia. Photo from Fred Jukes Collection." Also: "Chapter XXVI - Bellingham Bay & British Columbia depot under construction on the other side of the engine." An address label is pasted on the right side: "Mrs. Edward Edson, 312 Mt. Baker Apartments, Bellingham, Washington" And stamped in red: "Fred Jukes Blaine, Wash."