Caption on front of negative in ink: "St. Luke's Hospital." Four story brick building with two story wing located at the corner of Jersey Street and Chestnut. Two Model-A (?) autos are parked on the street in the foreground. Founded in 1892, the original St. Luke's was located at Forest and Holly at the Grand Central Hotel site. It was run under the auspices of the Diocese of the Episcopal Church of Western Washington and fostered by St. Paul's Episcopal Church until 1899 when it was turned over to the Methodist-Episcopal Church. In 1895 St Luke's moved into its own building at Jersey and Chestnut Streets. In 1989 St. Joseph Hospital had acquired St. Luke's and merged the two hospitals so there no longer was a choice in Bellingham between a Catholic and Protestant hospital.