Showing, south to north: Water St., Dock St.,Railroad Ave., Elk St., Forrest St., Garden St., High St. and east to west: beech St., Alder St., Cedar St., Pine st., Oak St., Ivy St.,Berry St., Myrtle St., Rose St., Laurell[sic] St., Maple St., Chestnut St., [Holl]y St., Magnolia St. The old railroad track is shown as is a diagonal line labelled Military Road. This is probably the Bellingham Bay Coal Company plat map prepared by E.C. Prather in 1883. The area bounded by Elk, Laurel, Garden and Ivy is shaded with the Supt. House shown; this must have been the Bellingham Bay Coal Mine superintendent's house. a Fewer than ten buildings are shown on the whole map. The Sehome Hotel is shown on Elk .Also noted are Old Coal Wharf and Bulkhead Shaft. A smudged wavy line crosses two thirds of the map running about a quarter of the way down from the top of the map. It is not labelled, but may be the mine itself. See: "Whatcom County in Maps 1832-1937", p. 16.