According to Biery's "Looking Back" (p. 154) this is the Marguerite, a 65 foot schooner brought to Bellingham by Captain Hector Gawley. He ran excursions to San Juan Island, then he moved the ship to Lake Whatcom where freight and up to 150 passengers were taken to logging camps and the Blue Canyon Mine. In this photo seven passengers are visible on the upper deck. On February 12, 1907, the ship ran on the rocks at Langtry Point in fog and sank by her stern. Her passengers were rescued.