Biery (Galen) Papers and Photographs
Type of content
- still image (3721) + -
- photographs (3509) + -
- black-and-white photographs (3251) + -
- negatives (photographs) (218) + -
- black-and-white negatives (114) + -
- glass plate negatives (92) + -
- Back caption: "Left to Right. Chas Beard - Union Printing Co., Ed Over - Alverson Drug Co., [K Cla. Later], Curt Spees - Teamster, Frazer Jenkins, Passer by, Jack Sheppard - Teamster." Beard, Over, spees, Jenksins, and the passer-by are standing in front of a livery stable on the north side fo the 600 block of Harris Avenue, Fairhaven district, Bellingham, WA. Sheppard and a small boy are on the right. The water tower in the background is located on the grounds of the Puget Sound Saw Mill and Shingle Co.
- Back caption: "Pollibly Miss Kelly's. Cora Blake - Edith Hull. Lake Whatcom, near old Geneva mill site." In 1914, the stern-wheel steamer "Bried" burned on Lake Whatcom near Geneva. Originally built as the "Mike Anderson," she was rebuilt at Strawberry Bay (Lake Whatcom) in 1901 and subsequently plied the lake for many years as the "Cora Blake."